Restraints can come in many forms but how do you know what is best for you to use? It can be over whelming, what with all the decision to make.
Do you want wrist or ankle cuffs? Leather, steel or rubber? What’s best for me?
For me, when I started experimenting, I went with those fluffy fake police cuffs, which were kinky and fun but they just didn’t do a good job if keeping me ‘restrained’. That’s when I ventured out and purchased my first set of faux leather cuffs and it grew from there.
OK, so I am not ‘pro’ when it comes to restraints but I think I do have a good eye for what is rather decent and what is not. Over the last 4 years, I have had the opportunities to try all different types of restraints out. I am not fond of full body restraints, as that is not for me but I do know a fair few bloggers who are into that type of restraint.
Ropes are another good material to use, as a restraint. You can keep them loose, tight or however you wish them to be and if you want to delve further, you could try Shibari Rope work, which is an art within it’s self.
I do like visiting RopeTopia, they have some wonderful photos of their rope work.
If you are new to restraints play, then you might want to check out this little guide by Uberkinky named ‘Beginner’s Guide To Restraints‘.
But why do people like restraints? If could simply boil down to the arousal of being helpless can bring to the submissive or the Dominant. Losing that control you automatically have as a person and trusting your partner to bring you both pleasure through a mutual respect, is also a massive turn on, in it’s self!
But restraining can be an art, as well as sexual.
Here are my recommendations of different types of restraints, that are available:
- Leather & Chain Ankle restraints
- Shots Ouch Red Leather Hand Cuffs
- Black Leather Hand Cuffs
- Crave Black Leather Hand Cuffs
- Uberkinky Five Piece Locking Leather Restraint Kit
- Strict Leather Deluxe Locking Wrist Cuffs
- House of Eros Dark Red Wrist Cuffs
- House of Eros Dark Red Ankle Cuffs
- Quickie Cuffs
- LELO Etherea Silk Cuffs
- Bound to Tease Ankle Restraints
- Bound to Tease Wrist Restraints
- Sex and Mischief Black Beginner’s Hand Cuffs
- Fifty Shades of Grey Soft Limits Deluxe Wrist Tie
- Sports Cuffs
- Natural Hemp Rope by Uberkinky
- Bound to Please Hemp Bondage Rope
- Cotton Bondage Rope
- Frisky Orchid Silicone Rope
- Bound to Tease Bondage Rope in Black
- Bound to Tease Bondage Rope in Red
- Doc Johnson Japanese Bondage Rope
- Sex and Mischief ‘Do Not Disturb’ Kit
- Fetish Fantasy Min Silk Rope
Body, Tape & Bed Restraints
- 50 Shades Of Grey Hard Limits Restraint Kit
- Sex and Mischief Bed Bondage Restraint Kit
- Door Jam Cuffs
- Bondage Tape
- 200 cm Chain with Hooks
- Sportsheets Neck & Wrist Restraints
- Leather Arm Binder
- Fetish Fantasy Rope Cuff & Tether Kit
- Elastabind Corset Restraint
- Rouge Adjustable Wrist to Neck Restraint
- Ouch! Neck and Wrist Hog Tie
For more options within the rope restraint area, you can visit Jade Rope UK, where you are able to purchase high quality products for Shibari work and alike.
If you would like to attend a Shibari Work Shop in London, then check out Sacred Pleasures (here).